Are you planning a December wedding and wondering what flowers to choose? Look no further! In this article, we’ll explore the best flowers for a December wedding, helping you make your big day a blooming success. Let’s dive right in!
Popular Flowers for December Weddings
While there are plenty of options to choose from, let’s take a closer look at two popular choices for December weddings.
- Roses: Available year-round, roses are versatile and come in various colors, making them adaptable for various wedding themes, including holiday ones.
- Amaryllis: With their large, dramatic blooms, amaryllis flowers are perfect for creating statement arrangements for a December wedding.
- Poinsettias: These iconic holiday flowers can add a festive touch to your wedding decor, especially in shades of red or white.
- Holly: Holly branches with their red berries and glossy green leaves are a classic choice for December weddings.
- Spruce or Pine: Incorporating evergreen branches can add a natural, wintry touch to your floral arrangements.
- Cedar: Cedar branches can provide a fragrant and lush backdrop for your wedding decor.
- Mistletoe: Mistletoe can be a whimsical and romantic addition to your wedding, especially if you plan to include a kissing tradition.
- White Lilies: Oriental and Asiatic lilies are still in season in December and can add fragrance and beauty to your wedding flowers.
- Tulips: While not traditionally associated with winter, tulips can still be found in December and offer a touch of elegance.
- Paperwhites: These fragrant, white flowers can add a fresh and crisp touch to your floral arrangements.
- Red and White Carnations: Carnations are budget-friendly and can be arranged creatively to create beautiful displays in your wedding colors.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus branches and leaves can add a fresh and aromatic touch to your floral decor.
- Red Berries: Incorporating red berries into your arrangements can bring a pop of color and a festive feel to your wedding flowers.
- Anemones: These delicate flowers with dark centers can create a striking contrast and add a touch of drama to your floral arrangements.
- Star of Bethlehem: These star-shaped white flowers can be symbolic and add a celestial touch to your wedding decor.
Did you know that by choosing dried wedding flowers you can have any type of flower you like no matter the season or month of the year? – Head out to Hidden Botanics to pick out your blooms!
Final Thoughts: Best Flowers For December Wedding
Now that you have a better understanding of the best flowers for a December wedding, it’s time to start planning! Consider the seasonal blooms, choose the flowers that resonate with you, and work closely with a talented florist. By incorporating the beauty of December flowers into your wedding, you’ll create a magical and memorable day for you and your guests.