Planning a wedding in March? Congratulations! March weddings have a unique charm, and your choice of flowers can genuinely enhance the beauty and atmosphere of your special day. In this article, we will explore the best flowers for a March wedding, taking into account the latest floral trends, color schemes, and factors to consider when selecting flowers. We will also highlight traditional and unique flower choices for March weddings and provide tips on arranging, displaying, and preserving your precious blooms.
Understanding March Wedding Floral Trends
Before diving into the selection process, it’s essential to understand the floral trends that are popular for March weddings. By staying updated on current trends, you can ensure that your floral arrangements are fresh, modern, and visually stunning.
March weddings are a time of new beginnings, as the winter frost melts away and nature starts to awaken. The floral trends for this month reflect the beauty and vibrancy of early spring, offering a wide range of options to create a magical atmosphere on your special day.
The Significance of Seasonal Blooms
One of the main trends for March weddings is to embrace the beauty of seasonal blooms. Choosing flowers that are naturally available during this time not only ensures freshness but also adds a touch of authenticity and elegance to your wedding day. These blooms are often more affordable, too.
Imagine walking down the aisle surrounded by delicate cherry blossoms, their pale pink petals gently falling like confetti. Or perhaps you prefer the vibrant yellow of daffodils, symbolizing rebirth and new beginnings. March offers an abundance of flowers that perfectly capture the essence of the season.
Other popular seasonal blooms for March weddings include tulips, hyacinths, and ranunculus. These flowers come in a variety of colors, allowing you to create stunning arrangements that reflect your style and the overall theme of your wedding.
Popular Color Schemes for March Weddings
March weddings offer an excellent opportunity to showcase a variety of color schemes. Some trending options include soft pastels like blush pink, lavender, and baby blue, as well as vibrant hues such as coral, peach, and sunny yellow. Combining these colors creates a captivating visual impact that complements the mood of early spring.
Blush pink, reminiscent of cherry blossoms, adds a romantic and feminine touch to your wedding decor. Lavender, with its calming and soothing properties, creates an atmosphere of tranquility and elegance. Baby blue, reminiscent of clear skies, brings a sense of serenity and purity to your celebration.
On the other hand, vibrant colors like coral, peach, and sunny yellow inject energy and joy into your wedding day. Coral symbolizes warmth and happiness, while peach represents sincerity and gratitude. Sunny yellow, like the rays of the sun, radiates positivity and optimism.
By incorporating these popular color schemes into your floral arrangements, you can create a visually stunning and cohesive look that will leave a lasting impression on your guests.
Choosing the Right Flowers for Your March Wedding
When selecting flowers for your March wedding, it’s crucial to consider various factors to ensure a cohesive and visually appealing result.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Flowers
Firstly, think about the overall theme and style of your wedding. Are you aiming for a rustic countryside celebration or an elegant and sophisticated affair? The flowers you choose should align with the ambiance you want to create.
Secondly, take into account the venue and its existing decor. If the location boasts stunning natural surroundings, you may want to incorporate native flowers or foliage into your arrangements.
Lastly, consider the weather conditions in your region during March. Opt for hardy flowers that can withstand temperature fluctuations and ensure that your blooms stay fresh throughout the day.
Matching Flowers to Your Wedding Theme
Once you have considered the above factors, it’s time to select flowers that match your wedding theme.
If you are going for a traditional and timeless look, you can’t go wrong with classic roses, tulips, or peonies. These flowers bring elegance, romance, and beauty to any wedding celebration.
For those seeking a more unique approach, consider incorporating seasonal flowers such as daffodils or hyacinths. These blooms add a delightful touch of freshness and character to your arrangements.
Top Flower Choices for a March Wedding
Now that we have discussed the trends and factors to consider, let’s dive into the top flower choices for a March wedding.
- Daffodils: These cheerful and bright flowers symbolize new beginnings and can add a fresh and vibrant touch to your March wedding decor.
- Tulips: With their graceful appearance, tulips are a classic choice and come in a variety of colors to match your wedding theme.
- Freesias: Freesias are known for their lovely fragrance and delicate blooms, making them a charming addition to bouquets and centerpieces.
- Ranunculus: With their layers of petals and range of colors, ranunculus can add a romantic and elegant feel to your floral arrangements.
- Hyacinths: These fragrant flowers are perfect for adding both color and scent to your wedding decor, creating a delightful atmosphere.
- Sweet Peas: Sweet peas are known for their soft and pastel hues, making them ideal for creating a romantic and delicate ambiance.
- Lilacs: With their intoxicating fragrance and clusters of blossoms, lilacs can add a touch of nostalgia and elegance to your wedding.
- Tulips: These dainty flowers are perfect for adding a touch of elegance and whimsy to your arrangements.
- Pansies: Pansies come in a variety of colors and have a charming, “face-like” appearance, making them great for a playful touch in your floral designs.
- Iris: Iris flowers have unique and intricate blooms that can bring an elegant and sophisticated element to your wedding flowers.
- Snowdrops: Snowdrops are delicate and symbolize hope and new beginnings, making them a meaningful addition to your March wedding.
- Crocuses: Crocuses come in vibrant colors and can add a pop of brightness and joy to your wedding floral arrangements.
- Lily of the Valley: Known for their sweet fragrance and bell-shaped blooms, lilies of the valley can add a touch of romance and elegance.
- Cherry Blossoms: Depending on your location and local climate, cherry blossoms can bring a beautiful and delicate touch of spring to your wedding.
- Hellebores: These unique flowers come in various colors and can add a touch of understated beauty to your arrangements.
Did you know that by choosing dried wedding flowers you can have any type of flower you like no matter the season or month of the year? – Head out to Hidden Botanics to pick out your blooms!
Arranging and Displaying Your March Wedding Flowers
Arranging and displaying your March wedding flowers is an art form that can truly elevate your wedding decor.
Creating Stunning Bouquets and Centerpieces
For bouquets, consider a mix of flowers and foliage that complement your color scheme and theme. Play with different shapes, sizes, and textures to create a visually appealing arrangement that reflects your personality.
When it comes to centerpieces, think about incorporating elements like candles, vases, and other decorative items to create a focal point on your tables. Experiment with different heights and styles to add visual interest to your reception.
Incorporating Flowers into Your Wedding Decor
Flowers can be incorporated into various aspects of your wedding decor. Consider using them to adorn arches, pews, chairs, or even chandeliers. They can also be woven into garlands, wreaths, or flower walls to create stunning backdrops for your ceremony or photo booth.
Preserving Your March Wedding Flowers
After your wedding day, you’ll likely want to preserve the beauty of your flowers as a keepsake. Here are some tips to help you keep your flowers fresh for as long as possible.
Tips for Keeping Your Flowers Fresh
Firstly, make sure to hydrate your flowers properly. Place them in clean water as soon as possible after the ceremony or reception ends. Add flower food to the water to provide essential nutrients and prolong their lifespan.
Secondly, keep your flowers in an excellent location away from direct sunlight, drafts, or heating sources. This helps prevent wilting and extends their freshness.
Turning Your Wedding Flowers into Keepsakes
If you want to preserve your flowers for more extended periods, various methods can turn them into cherished keepsakes. Drying and pressing flowers is a popular option, as they can be framed or used in shadow boxes. Alternatively, you could have your flowers professionally preserved in resin or transformed into jewelry or paperweights.
Final Thoughts: Best Flowers For March Wedding
In conclusion, when choosing the best flowers for a March wedding, it is important to consider current floral trends, color schemes, the overall wedding theme, and the practical aspects of the venue and weather conditions. By selecting the right flowers and arranging them thoughtfully, you can create a visually stunning and memorable celebration. Remember to also preserve your wedding flowers as keepsakes, so you can hold onto the beauty and memories of your special day for years to come.